The star turned 41 today and she has really done well for herself in the past years.
Being in the entertainment industry is nit an easy one but Simphiwe has proved that no matter difficult things are, there is always a way out.
Lets take a look at some details and achievements about the singer:
1. Simphiwe was born on 23 January 1980 in Gcuwa (Butterworth), Transkei, in the Eastern Cape, South Africa and raised in the town of Lusikisiki (in the Ingquza Hill Local Municipality).
2. She attended Vela Private School in Mthatha, where she matriculated in 1997.
3. Her tertiary education pursued her interests in graphic design, and she successfully studied for her National Diploma in IT at the Wits Technikon, Johannesburg.
4. Simphiwe Dana is a Xhosa singer, songwriter and record producer. Dana’s father was a preacher and her religious background exposed her to music in both choral and gospel forms.
5. Since she was regarded as the “new Miriam Makeba,” Simphiwe Dana’s inimitable combination of Jazz, Afro-soul, Rap and Traditional music, has made her a major star on the music scene.
6. Back in 2002, she began her career by singing in small clubs in Johannesburg, where she drew huge crowds.
7. Dana is also popular for her innovative social commentary and crusading through music as a political art form.
8. Simphiwe Dana’s Zandisile album was a mega hit in South Africa when it released in 2004. The album sold exceptionally well and garnered several awards, including the South African Music Award (SAMA) in 2005.